- Massey Energy is being fined for leaking pollutants into waterways, often at ten times the legal limit.
- According to the front page article about tax returns, the people in our society who need extra money on their returns this year are:
- The elderly
- The poor and middle classes
- High upper class
- Teenagers who work few hours a week
- True or False: Omar Osama Bin Laden admits he knows where his father is likely hiding.
- Under the new system effective January 31, 2008, anyone crossing the border to the U.S. must present what?
- A Drivers license
- A passport or birth certificate coupled with another form of ID
- Any form of state-issued ID
- A credit card
- The tiger that attacked three teens at the San Francisco Zoo, killing one, was likely provoked by what?
- The teens throwing bottles into the area
- Protection of its cub
- Water that the teens sprayed on it
- The teens yelling at it from above the area
- As it is currently written, the Lexington smoking ban includes all of the following establishments EXCEPT what?
- Bowling alleys
- Bingo halls
- True or False: The political cartoon in Friday’s paper by cartoonist Joel Pett seems to be favoring Representative Damron’s gun bill.
- Senate Minority Leader Ed Worley said cigarette taxes should be raised if it means not having to cut what?
- Secondary Education
- Social Security
- State funded Universities
- State employees’ pay
- True or False: The troubles in housing and other areas of the economy are expected to push overall economic growth to 1 percent or less, meaning the economy will be very near the stall level of a recession.
1. A; 2. B; 3. B; 4. B; 5. D; 6. D; 7. B; 8. A; 9. A
Quiz written by
Taryn Mynear, UK student