- Bond has been set for three attorneys accused of taking millions of dollars from their former clients in what’s become known as the ‘fen-phen case’. According to the article, bond would have to be paid in cash or what?
- The same amount of property
- 110% worth of the bond in property
- 200% worth in property
- It can only be paid in cash
- What plant, once thought extinct, has been found at Ashland, the Henry Clay Estate?
- Running Buffalo Clover
- Democratic presidential candidates have proposed doing away with tax cuts for wealthier Americans in order to do what?
- Provide health coverage for low-income Americans
- Pay off the national debt
- Appease wealthier Americans
- Put the extra money towards education
- An article in Thursday’s Business news states that Toyota is selling more of what type of car than any of its competitors?
- Pickup trucks
- Compact cars
- According to the article about litter, what’s the most common form of litter in the United States and the rest of the world?
- Dog waste
- Plastic bags
- Cigarette butts
- Bottle caps
- The state Senate gave unanimous approval Wednesday to provide $4 million to Kentucky schools for what two subjects?
- Health and Physical Education
- Math and Science
- Spanish and French
- Language Arts and Reading
- True or False: A study reported in the Daily Checkup reports that more adults than ever are getting vaccines to prevent common diseases.
- EKU’s leading basketball player Darnell Dialls attended what Lexington high school?
- Henry Clay
- Lexington Catholic
- True or False: Michael Chang, newly elected to the International Tennis Hall of Fame, was 17 when he won the 1989 French Open, the youngest male player to win a Grand Slam title.
1. b; 2. d; 3. a; 4. c; 5. c; 6. b; 7. b; 8. a; 9. a;
Quiz written by
Taryn Mynear, UK student