- True or False: The government is hoping people will put their rebates into savings and investment plans.
- What do state officials what to do to help the problem of crowded jails in Kentucky?
- Have more intensive treatment centers for victims of addictions
- Reduce the sentences of everyone currently serving time
- Open more jails
- Release everyone serving time for smaller crimes
- How did a French bank lose $7.2 billion?
- Multiple robberies
- Bad bookkeeping
- Fraud by a stock trader
- Counterfeit money
- There is a controversy regarding CIA tapes that were destroyed. What was on these tapes?
- Harsh interrogation tactics questioning al-Qaida suspects
- A verbal attack on the president
- Key information about 9/11
- Communication from within the white house
- According to an editorial in Friday’s paper, Kentucky is one of 12 states that don’t have a law requiring what?
- Seatbelt use
- Use of booster seats
- Use of turn signals
- Car seats being used only in backseats
- KCTCS has raised tuition in an attempt to gain money for what?
- To offset state budget cuts
- New technology
- New facilities
- True or False: According to Friday’s Business news, the fall of the median price of existing homes every month in 2007 marked the first time this has happened in four decades.
- How old is Mirai Nagasu, the winner of the short program at Thursday’s U.S. Figure Skating Championships?
- True or False: The Kentucky women’s basketball team has a winning record in SEC games.
1. B; 2. A; 3. C; 4. A; 5. B; 6. B; 7. A; 8. B; 9. A;
Quiz written by
Taryn Mynear, UK student