- In his budget proposal Tuesday night, Governor Beshear proposed a slight tax increase to fund various construction projects.
- State officials have said this year’s budget is the first since 1995 that didn’t include what as related to school funding?
- After school tutoring funds
- Teacher training funds
- Mandated teacher raises
- Health insurance funds for teachers/staff
- Upon inspecting the Nicholasville-New Circle bridge, officials determined that what caused the flaking of the concrete that fell onto New Circle below Tuesday afternoon?
- Poor infrastructure
- Melting ice and salt used on the roads over time
- A car accident on the bridge
- Which of the following is NOT something that crazed fan Andrea Campbell had sent to public radio host Garrison Keillor?
- Dead beetles
- Petrified alligator foot
- A box of spiders
- Which of the following is NOT one of the ingredients in the “mud cookies” that many Haitians are forced to eat because of the rising cost of food?
- What is “bucks for brains”?
- The state’s budget to attract top university researchers
- A system which rewards students for good grades
- A new math program which teaches students to integrate math and finances
- A special tax which will go to University funding
- What is the topic of the Herald-Leader editorial on Wednesday’s Opinions page?
- State of the Union
- The gun law
- K-12 spending
- Mayor Jim Newberry and sewer fees
- True or False: (Get your calculator!) This year’s average price for a 30 second advertisement in the Superbowl is $2.7 million, over 64 times the average price the first year of the Superbowl in 1967.
- Jason Kidd created a distraction by talking about possibly being traded, which probably led to the New Jersey Nets losing to the Milwaukee Bucks Tuesday night.
1. B; 2. C; 3. C; 4. D; 5. D; 6. A; 7. D; 8. A; 9. B
Quiz written by
Taryn Mynear, UK student
Jan. 15, 2008 | Jan. 16, 2008 | Jan. 17, 2008 | Jan. 18, 2008
Jan. 21, 2008 | Jan. 22, 2008 | Jan. 23, 2008 | Jan. 24, 2008 | Jan. 25, 2008
Jan. 28, 2008 | Jan. 29, 2008