- What Republican presidential candidate appears likely to be the party’s nomination?
- Mitt Romney
- Mike Huckabee
- John McCain
- Ron Paul
- True or False: Congress has approved the tax rebate plan and the extended rebates should be in the hands of millions of Americans by summer.
- True or False: There have been no relatives found for the baby found in the storm wreckage from Tuesday’s tornados.
- Which of the following is NOT one of the WHO’s six suggestions to governments to help control tobacco?
- Raise taxes and prices of tobacco
- Monitor tobacco use
- Ban advertising
- Allow free medications/patches to help
- The Columbus space lab aboard the Atlantis shuttle
- Is a gift from Italy
- Has endured two shuttle accidents
- Has no buttons to push
- Is old and needs replacing
- True or False: Under new Lexington jailing procedures designed by mayor Newberry, the arrest of any foreign-born national is reported to Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
- According to the article in Friday’s City/Region section, which county has NOT had to close schools because of widespread flu illnesses?allows businesses to pay their workers more?
- State Representative Jim Gooch is attempting to pass a bill that would ban who from the senate and house floors?
- Television reporters
- Cartoonists and editorial writers
- According to an article in Friday’s Business section, many Wal-Mart shoppers are redeeming their holiday gift cards for what?
- Electronics such as iPods
- A video of Pedro Martinez at a cockfight was released on YouTube, stirring up public controversy. This sport is legal in his home country, which is where?
- Dominican Republic
Answers: 1. C; 2. A; 3. B; 4. D; 5. B;
6. A; 7. D; 8. C; 9. A; 10. A.
Quiz written by
Taryn Mynear, UK student
Jan. 15, 2008 | Jan. 16, 2008 | Jan. 17, 2008 | Jan. 18, 2008
Jan. 21, 2008 | Jan. 22, 2008 | Jan. 23, 2008 | Jan. 24, 2008 | Jan. 25, 2008
Jan. 28, 2008 | Jan. 29, 2008 | Jan. 30, 2008 | Jan. 31, 2008
Feb. 04, 2008 | Feb. 05, 2008 | Feb. 06, 2008 | Feb. 07, 2008