- The Department of Agriculture’s recall of 143 million pounds of frozen beef from California is especially important because the business provided meat to what?
- Soldiers overseas
- Child lunch programs
- Retirement homes
- According to the article about Lexington’s sewage system, where is waste water supposed to go after it has been treated at a plant?
- Into a creek
- Back into the sewage system
- To a facility that stores the water and makes it usable again
- What major road in Lexington will soon be widened to four lanes on its busiest section?
- Martin Luther King Blvd.
- Upper St.
- Clays Mill Rd.
- Wilson Downing
- What country has just been granted freedom and has been proclaimed as the world’s newest nation?
- During his trip throughout Africa, President Bush has made special note that he wants to renew his program in efforts to stop what?
- Civil wars
- Eight people were killed in Maryland this weekend while watching what illegal event?
- Dog fighting
- Street Racing
- Base Jumping
- Elevator Surfing
- True or False: Before prohibition, Kentucky was the third largest wine-producing state in the country.
- Kentucky ranks 12th among the nation for problems related to what?
- Traffic problems
- Sewer problems
- The winner of this year’s Daytona 500 was determined in the last lap of the race. Who was the winner?
- Ryan Newman
- Roger Penske
- Tony Stewart
- Kurt Busch
1. B; 2. B; 3. C; 4. D; 5. C; 6. B; 7. A; 8. A; 9. A.
Quiz written by
Taryn Mynear, UK student
Jan. 15, 2008 | Jan. 16, 2008 | Jan. 17, 2008 | Jan. 18, 2008
Jan. 21, 2008 | Jan. 22, 2008 | Jan. 23, 2008 | Jan. 24, 2008 | Jan. 25, 2008
Jan. 28, 2008 | Jan. 29, 2008 | Jan. 30, 2008 | Jan. 31, 2008
Feb. 04, 2008 | Feb. 05, 2008 | Feb. 06, 2008 | Feb. 07, 2008 | Feb. 08, 2008
Feb. 11, 2008 | Feb. 12, 2008 | Feb. 13, 2008 | Feb. 14, 2008 | Feb. 15, 2008