- An article about MySpace safety states that under the new agreement users over age 18 would not be able to add anyone under age 16 as a friend unless:
- they have their last name or email address.
- they have their parents’ permission
- they were already friends
- the 18 year old was in college
- According to Tuesday’s front page article about Governor Beshear’s plans for Kentucky, the most specific proposal he offers is:
- Allowing casino gambling in Kentucky
- Redistribution of state pension funds
- Reforming certain government ethics provisions
- Redistribution of higher education funds
- The recent attack in Kabul, Afghanistan was the deadliest direct attack on a hotel there since the fall of the Taliban in what year?
- Hilary Clinton’s controversial comment Monday regarded what? (hint: Election Roundup)
- The war in Iraq
- Martin Luther King
- Opposing candidate Barack Obama
- Former Bath County sheriff Calvin “Randy” Armitage has been sentenced to two year’s probation, including six months of weekend incarceration for not putting a stop to candidates “buying votes.”
- As found in the Sports section, which are the only two states to conduct mandatory, random steroid tests of high school athletes?
- Kentucky and Maine
- Illinois and Florida
- New Jersey and Florida
- New Jersey and Illinois
- According to the Health/Family section, a lack of Vitamin __ caused by not getting enough sunlight in the winter months causes Seasonal Affective Disorder. (Depression)
- Find the Math Rules supplement to your Tuesday Herald-Leader. Page 7 features a section on Roman numerals and the Superbowl. What is the year 2008 in Roman numerals?
- What is a Venza?
- a new flu virus
- a new language in Iraq
- a new college course
- the new Toyota crossover sedan
1. a; 2. c; 3. a; 4. c; 5. a;
6. c; 7. d; 8. b 9.d
Quiz written by
Taryn Mynear, UK student